We are pleased you are joining the Michigan Medicine team and hope your professional life will be enriched by working with us. In order to provide you with a smooth beginning, please carefully review the following to help prepare for your first days of employment.
Your hiring department will work in collaboration with Human Resources to initiate your onboarding. A “Welcome to Michigan Medicine!” email will invite you to attend a New Employee Orientation one-day program. This email provides important information and will require your immediate attention.
Prior to New Employee Orientation
Complete your I-9 form prior to start date.
- Go to the I-9 Processing page to access the I-9 form and for a list of I-9 processing locations.
- Print pages 1-2 (page 3 is a reference list so you know what document/s to bring with you). Complete section 1 on Page 1. Bring pages 1 and 2 of the I-9 form and original identifying document(s) listed on page 3 to the Regional I-9 Center.
- For assistance, contact the Shared Services Center: 734-615-2000 Select Option 1 then Option 5.
Thoroughly review information regarding your New Employee Health Assessment and then visit the Occupational Health Services Office.
- Note: If you will be working for the Medical School, be sure to determine whether or not you need to complete a New Employee Health Assessment by calling (734) 764-8021.
Review and follow the instructions in emails you will receive from Michigan Medicine to complete the online employment process. Look for the following emailed subject lines in your emails prior to your start date
- “Action Needed: Set up your U-M and Michigan Medicine Accounts” [provides instructions for setting up critical accounts and passwords].
- “Action Needed: Verify Information for U-M Employment” [provides instructions for validating information that the Payroll Department needs to process your first pay period].
New Employee Orientation
Human Resources is pleased to provide a one-day New Employee Orientation to welcome you and to provide you with many resources. You will be oriented to the mission, vision, and values of Michigan Medicine and begin mandatory training required of all Michigan Medicine employees.
Orientation Time: Your “Welcome to Michigan!” email will invite you to one of the following programs: 8:00am-4:00pm, the 8:00am-1:00pm or the 12:30pm-4:00pm
Food: A light breakfast and lunch is provided
Attire: Business casual
Location: North Campus Research Complex (NCRC), 2800 Plymouth Road, Building 18 Dining Hall. Driving directions and map
Parking: Please park on the first two floors of the parking structure (Lot:NC100); see attendant for parking pass. Please do not park in the parking spaces marked ‘visitor.’ Handicap parking is available in (Lot NC99) the surface lot adjacent to the structure. (handicap placard or license plate will need to be visible).
Identification Badges: Your photo will be taken by the Michigan Medicine Security ID Office and you will be provided with your MCard at the conclusion of your day at New Employee Orientation. If you have a MCard from a previous role at the University of Michigan and your job status is changing, please bring your previously-issued badge. It will be needed in order to issue a new badge. You may bring a copy of your license, certification and/or degree for consideration in adding one credential to your badge.