Michigan Medicine offers an outstanding total compensation package, which includes a robust benefit program, competitive pay, numerous work life programs and many career development opportunities. Taken together, this package is consistently ranked at or near the top among peer institutions. “Total Rewards” by definition, are all the “tools” available to an employer that can be used to attract, retain, and motivate employees. The total rewards package includes:
- Compensation - Pay provided by an employer to employee for services rendered (time, effort and skill), includes both fixed and variable pay tied to levels of performance
- Benefits - Programs an employer uses to supplement the cash compensation that employees receive. They include health, income protection, savings and retirement programs.
- Work-Life - Organizational practices, policies, and programs, plus a philosophy that actively supports efforts to help employees achieve success at both work and home
- Performance, Recognition and Retention - The Performance & Recognition strategy for Michigan Medicine is that quality employees should be rewarded and recognized, and there are many ways in which to reward and recognize staff available at Michigan Medicine.
- Development and Career Opportunities - Career Development is key element in which Michigan Medicine supports staff in their continued growth and success both personally and professionally in their work environments.
Michigan Medicine is recognized worldwide as a leader in teaching, patient care, and research.