Welcome to Michigan Medicine!
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our faculty, staff and patients. As such, we are taking appropriate measures to ensure we are following all safety guidelines, which include providing our new employee orientation program as an online learning experience.
This page will provide information to welcome you to your new organization and support a positive onboarding experience.
Additional information will be shared with you regarding required online learning modules on your first day of hire. Please look for instructions in your Michigan Medicine email.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Solution Center at 734-647-5538.
Important information to help your onboarding experience
Review each section below to prepare you for your first few days at Michigan Medicine.
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK
- Set up your U-M and Michigan Medicine accounts. You will receive two emails up to seven days before your start date. Please complete each of these steps before your start date.
- Complete your I-9 form. On or before your first day of employment, schedule an appointment to complete the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. Review the instructions and available locations in your welcome letter and on the Shared Services Center website.
- Visit the Occupational Health Services website to complete the New Employee Health Assessment (NEHA). You will be required to submit your immunization records, including all mandatory vaccines that are required to work at Michigan Medicine such as your annual influenza and COVID-19 vaccines.
YOUR FIRST DAY OF WORK
- Report directly to your worksite on day one. Coordinate with your hiring manager where you will report, and what your first few days of work will be like. Make sure you have time to complete the online learning modules assigned to you as part of your first day(s).
- Download the ResponsiBLUE app. All employees entering our facilities – and having access to a mobile device – are required to use the self-health screening tool daily. Click here for a full rundown of how to easily and regularly access the self-health screening tool. Bring a copy of your welcome letter with you for the first week onsite, in case you need to show proof of your new appointment.
- Get your M-Card ID. Work with your manager to obtain the documentation needed to get your M-Card ID badge. All M-Cards can be obtained from the Med Inn office on the Ann Arbor medical campus or the North Campus Research Complex.
If you have an M-Card ID, it is important that you bring it, however you will need to get a new badge on your first day.
Please be prepared to show your license, certification and/or degree, if applicable, for consideration in having it added to your identification badge.
- Review the new employee manual and contents of this page, as well as watch the online learning modules assigned in Cornerstone Learning. You will receive an email from Cornerstone@med.umich.edu on Monday of the week you start with instruction on how to complete the annual mandatory education modules
Review the Benefits presentation and make sure to complete the required documentation in a timely manner. If your new role is eligible for benefits, you will have 30 days to make your selections. Slides from the presentation are available for download.
More Benefits Information
- Download the Benefits Information Packet containing forms you will need to complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Learn about Retirement Plans from our partners Fidelity Investments and TIAA
- Visit the University’s Benefits page: http://hr.umich.edu/new-employee-benefits-orientation
After completing the self-guided benefits presentation, if you have questions, the Benefits Administration Office has virtual office hours, especially for our newly-hired members of the Michigan community.
- Wednesdays, 1:00pm -2:00pm.
- Fridays, 8:30 am - 10:00 am
- Fridays, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
To schedule a virtual appointment, please email the Benefits Office at email@example.com.
Make sure you review parking requirements for your work location. Logistics, Transportation and Parking has a web page dedicated to parking information for new employees. Use this page to determine which, if any, parking passes are needed for your work location, and how to purchase a pass.
Logistics, Transportation and Parking
523 S. Division Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Parking Customer Service: 734-764-8291
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
We encourage you to review these videos and additional web pages for more information about programs and resources available at Michigan Medicine.
- Michigan Medicine maps & directions: https://www.uofmhealth.org/maps-directions
- Michigan Medicine organizational charts: https://www.uofmhealth.org/organizational-charts
- Giving back opportunities: learn how you can give back to our Michigan community in this video
- Watch a video regarding Caring for Patients and Visitors Who Are Transgender or Gender Non-conforming
- Uniquely Michigan: https://hr.umich.edu/benefits-wellness/community-perks/uniquely-michigan
- MHealthy: http://www.hr.umich.edu/mhealthy