COVID-19 Time Off Bank Reminders
Calculating Remaining Balances
- RPN/PAN recorded in the month of April 2020 does not count against the COVID-19 PTO bank (up to 80 hours). When calculating a remaining balance you will deduct usage from March 13th-March 31st 2020 and usage starting May 1, 2020 to present.
- RSP should also be deducted from the COVID-19 bank balance
- This code represents COVID-19 PTO hours that were used to supplement the Expanded FMLA time (PFL) when it was paid at ⅔ pay starting May 1, 2020.
- RSP was only used in 2020 as the Expanded FMLA time bank ended on 12/31/2020
- Do NOT count RPN/PAN reported under the MOU 639 Contagious Diseases for Bargained for Nurses when determining use of the COVID-19 PTO bank
- A comment should be entered into the timesheet to indicate the use of RPN/PAN under the MOU 639 so those hours can be identified.
Auditing time usage
- The easiest way to audit use of all the COVID time is to use one of the queries below and sort by time reporting code
- Pulls data for any date range for a single employee
- Pulls data for any date range by static group
Questions about use of COVID-19 time off banks can be directed to: MMHR-COVID19@med.umich.edu
Questions about time reporting can be directed to: HR-Payroll@med.umich.edu
Reporting Sell Back
For employees who choose to sell back PTO in the month of January, the PTO Sell Back (PTB) should be reported in the following pay periods, preferably on a day with no other reported time:
- Biweekly: Report PTB from 1/9 - 1/22
- Monthly: Report PTB from 1/1 - 1/31
If for some reason the Sell Back hours are not reported (missed) before the appropriate payroll cut-off, you should report the hours as a prior period adjustment in the appropriate pay period (shown above) and allow the hours to pay out on the following paycheck.
Review full details/requirements of the PTO Sell Back process and form:
Save the Date: Fluid Timesheet Webinar
The University of Michigan will soon be upgrading the look and feel of time reporting in M-Pathways – Go Live is February 23, 2022. To prepare our timekeepers and those handling time reporting and approvals within Michigan Medicine departments, the Payroll team will host an informational webinar at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, February 15. Please put a hold on your calendar for that date and time. More details to follow, including the Zoom link to attend.
As part of the roll out of the new time reporting look and feel, virtual labs will be available beginning in March. These are optional to attend, and links will be provided soon.
March 2:10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 2 - 3:30 p.m.
March 3: 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
March 4: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
HR Business Unit Contact Resource
If you’re not certain who your pay analyst or HR business partner is, you can visit the Timekeepers’ HR Business Unit Contact tool to find out. To use the tool, select the drop-down menu and type a 6-digit department ID number and the appropriate HR contacts will appear.
Action Requested: Please look up your department ID/s and make sure we have the correct contact information for the Timekeeper and the Backup Timekeeper. If an update is needed please send deptIDs and updated information to Kim Wehrmeister (email@example.com).