Michigan Medicine respects the rights of employees to seek representation by a labor union, as protected under the Michigan Public Employee Relations Act. Our Leadership and Labor Relations teams are committed to working collaboratively and in good faith with all union representatives to ensure we continue to advance Michigan Medicine and support the long-term growth and success of our team members, together.
We are guided by the following principles and grounded in the belief that excellent patient care is made possible by our people. Every employee – in every role – is integral to the care provided, research conducted, and learning administered across our institution.
- We will protect and prioritize the safety of our team and the provision of safe, quality care for patients.
- We will foster a workplace that attracts and retains the nation’s top learners, providers and professionals.
- We will meet the highest ethical standards in every setting, every time.
- We will be responsible stewards of the institution’s resources and an industry-leading employer.
- We will actively seek opportunities to work with all partners to advance our shared goals.
- We will honor our largest and best resource – our people – by striving to be as effective and efficient as possible.
- We will continuously seek to enhance how we deliver care, research, and education.
- We will make well-informed decisions based on objective data, metrics and evidence from multiple sources.