This award recognizes a faculty member or group of faculty members identified as having made outstanding contributions to the Medical School in clinical or health services research.
- Impact of their research in respective fields of research
- National and international stature and contributions
- Leadership in their respective fields of research
- Grant support
- Role & impact as a mentor
- Role & impact as a scientific collaborator
The below must be included in a single PDF file. Individual nomination letters and letters of support must be limited to one page. For letters exceeding the one-page requirement, only the first page will be considered.
- A nomination letter which includes a summary of the nominee’s research & impact from a Michigan Medicine faculty or staff member.
- A letter of support from a faculty member.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae.
Submit a Nomination
To submit a nomination, please click here and select ‘Faculty, Staff, & Learners’. (Level 2 password required).
The nomination deadline is Thursday, August 10, 2023.
Past Award Winners
2019: Devin L. Brown, M.D., M.S. & MeiLan K. Han, M.D., M.S.
2018: Justin B. Dimick, M.D., MPH, Reshma Jagsi, M.D., D.Phil. & Daniel E. Spratt, M.D.
2017: Daniel J. Clauw, M.D. & M.E. Michele Heisler, M.D., MPA
2016: John Z. Ayanian, M.D., MPP & Ella A. Kazerooni, M.D., M.S.
2015: Julie C. Lumeng, M.D., Albert P. Rocchini, M.D. & Sanjay K. Saint, M.D., M.P.H.
2014: Lewis B. Morgenstern, M.D. & Moshe Talpaz, M.D. and David C. Smith, M.D.
2013: Denise G. Tate, Ph.D. & John T. Wei, M.D., M.S.
2012: Steven J. Katz, M.D., M.P.H. & Maha Hussain, M.D., F.A.C.P.
2011: Ronald D. Chervin, M.D., M.S. & Eve A. Kerr, M.D., M.P.H.
2010: James T. Elder, M.D., Ph.D.
2009: Frederic C. Blow, Ph.D.
2008: Kevin Chung, M.D.
2007: A. Mark Fendrick, M.D. & William H. Herman, M.D., MPH.
2006: Laurence H. Baker, D.O.
2005: Rodney A. Hayward, M.D. & Mark S. Kaminski, M.D.
2004: John DeLancey, M.D.
2003: Gary L. Freed, M.D., Ph.D.
2002: Fred Morady, M.D.
2001: Sewon Kang, M.D. & Gary Fischer, Ph.D.